So recently I found out that I have a condition that is going to make it very difficult to get pregnant. This deeply saddens me. So anyway, part of it is that I have to loose weight, etc. So I recently started running.
I run and run and run until there is nothing left in me and I can barely walk. I want this so badly. What do I do? Then someone finally said to me something so simple, she said "No, run SLOWER, pace yourself. You want to be able to last and 'go the distance'. So, I've been practicing "pacing" myself. It's great! I'm enjoying it so much more and I've been able to go further then I've even been before.
I think about this in my life, "Pacing myself" so I can "go the distance". I want so much to be with my Heavenly Father again. It's funny because in my Patriarchal Blessing it says "Remember that it is not required to run faster than you have strength".
My parents are such great examples to me in my life. I look at them and say to myself "I need to be better!" and I try and try so hard that I tucker myself out. I'm reminded today that they are marathon runners in life and have had lots of training. I'll get there, but for now I'm starting to really pace myself, not put too much pressure on and enjoy the ride. But most importantly I'm getting out there and starting to run.
3 comments:
I loved reading this post! You can go the distance!
I love this post. Thank you for sharing this difficult but beautiful time of learning and growing with us! You have amazing strength and determination - I know you will get wherever it is you want to go!
Wow! I come over here to see if you've by chance updated and there are all kinds of goodies! PLEASE let E come over and play sometimes while you need to sleep! Or come over with her! I liked your analogy. That's great. I admire you for running. You're amazing.
Post a Comment