This week was jammed packed with tantrums. Well, when I say jammed packed you have to remember this is all relative of course. Elizabeth is usually very happy and well mannored, so when she's irritable or throwing a tantrum it's crazy for me because we're just not used to that. Although I am bracing myself for the future. :)
Jake's Mom, Sue, came into town this week. It was nice to see her and get the fam together. Jake missed out as he was gallivanting in Phoenix. Everyone became Elizabeth's best friend when they shared their ice cream.
-Shhhhh!!! Don't tell dad!!
-Shhhhh!!! Don't tell dad!!
Jake reminded me that I had left some pictures/ events out.
I hope I didn't forget something else he had wanted to see on the blog?
I hope I didn't forget something else he had wanted to see on the blog?
You know... with the tanrums and irritability, various frustrations and growing pains ....
as soon as she had finished her rant, face all sticky with tears, snot, drool and her hair sticking to it all I was still so in love with her. She smiled and hugged me and even went in for a kiss. We snuggled for a while, until the smell of her poopy diaper starting to overpower EVERYTHING and the unhumane look of her... I asked "How about a bath!?!" she said "Yeah!" in a voice as if she had never been angry and life was always rosey. -She jummped off the couch and headed to the bathroom. I'm thankful for my little girl. She's helping me to grow and learn through love.
I am so thankful for this experiece I have been blessed with.
6 comments:
Just remember it is a frustrating age for them and I know she is super sweet so I don't think the tantrums will last long (:
p.s. If she is just starting them now then I am in trouble. Reese has had fits since 15 months!
She's so cute!
We are having some meltdowns too!
Good luck! :)
libby - she is looking SOOOO BIG all of a sudden! what a doll! isn't it funny how they can still be so dang cute even when they're being stinkers??
Baths are the best way to end a sticky and tantrum filled fun day!
Yeah, those tantrums stink, but they are also kinda funny. Sometimes I have to force myself not to laugh when Seth pulls one. We sure loved having Elizabeth over the other night! Both my girls have mentioned it in their prayers as something they're thankful for.
libby- i have tagged you and you must now check my blog and answer the questions yourself...
Post a Comment