For those of you who don't know, I work at a hospital at night. From 6pm-6am. This is a very hard shift and a VERY busy job. I work it anywhere from 2-5 times in a week. Very often I find that I have only had 2-4 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period and I am due back at work that night. I thought it would get easier but after a few months its proving to be harder.
I had a hard week this week. I had finished a 5 day stretch after Wednesday night and Thursday I could not function. Friday I tried and Saturday I did. So, I'm sorry to those of you who do not get phone calls returned and don't receive enough thank yous we love you and thank you!
This is what E does while I put on my make up, then we brush our teeth together.
(She get's out of the sink for that ") ) -She is SO FUN!
Thursday night I was bawling to Jake saying "I can't do this! I'm quitting!!".
But, getting the opportunity to hang out with my tittley peep is just worth every and any sacrifice. She means so much to us. She is SO funny I get to laugh everyday! I am so thankful for her spirit. Here's a few pics from this past week.
She RAN up to me and Jake with her dish in her face!
She was laughing really hard but of course I was too slow to capture that.
Dad flew in for the weekend and we were all so tired we just hung out.
They are watching her favorite show HI-5 (Well, the only show she watches).
It's really cool, I like it! They have really fun songs. Jake gets SO bugged because I'll sing them all the time. The other day he called me saying "This morning I woke up to you singing that HI-5 song! I said out loud (alone in his hotel room), 'Libby STOP singing that song!' and I woke up and opened my eyes and I had left the TV on and the show was on!" We're haunting him! :)
17 comments:
Listen missy, you need to call me and let me take E once in while so you can sleep. Especially when Jake's out of town! Just do it.
P.S.
Adorable pictures. She looks like she's always getting the biggest kick out of life!
This child is adorable and gorgeous. I want to meet her in person. When will you be around these parts again??
So cute! Kids make life FUNNER! I am sorry about the lack of sleep! I only did it 2 days a week so I was some what sane!! Is Hi-5 on cable?? Why have I never heard of it? We are Dora watchers!
After checking out what music could possibly be so offensive to Jake, I had to ponder the question- Who are these people? Do you ever wonder if their aspirations are really to make our children laugh and sing and dance???
You guys have one good lookin' family!!
Do you ever go anywhere with Jake? We had some crazy miscommunication when he came to Reno once but next time he or you all come I'd love to see you! Keep me posted, k?
Wish I was there to help out some too Lib. I am so sorry you have to do it! I hope it gets easier for you. I hope Jake some day soon has to stop traveling so much. The pictures are so great! It is so fun to see her get bigger and bigger!
HI-5 is a GREAT show! Their songs are fun and educational, I just get them stuck in my head and can't stop singing them! They are on Cable I watch them on the Sprout network which caters just to preschool age kids but it's on other channels too I have seen.
Sister Locke I have NO??? idea when we'll be back to NY? But you can count on when we are there next we are seeing you!! LOVE YOU!
Thanks girls. I'm ok. Not all weeks are like that. Some days are just tough.
Sorry life is a little rough right now. Not sure how you are doing it! Elizabeth is just getting cuter and cuter!
Thinking of you guys!
You're a super star!
sorry you had a tough week. i do not know how you do it, work all night and then take care of little E. i could not do it. you are awesome!
That little bugamagoo always has the best smile on her face! I miss her! And you too :P Love you!
Oh Libs! That has to be so hard to work evening shifts. I feel for you! E is getting cuter every day. Such personality too!!
Hi Libby, man I had no idea you worked such crazy shifts, girl you are tuff as nails!! So if you guys haven't looked at my blog for a few days you should. I did a whole post completely inspired by Jake(i stole a pic off your page I hope that's okay)you will have to have Jake take a peek too.So now i know how busy you are, but we would love to come just hang or what ever. I really miss you goof balls,and I know Addie and E would LOVE each other. Just let me know, we could do something real chili,we dont even have to go anywhere or anything, i would happy as a claim to just sit and talk.
You did it!! Good job Lib. I don't think I could of have done it. I'm glad Jake took a few days off to play with the fam. You guys are great together.
Okay, she looks just like Jake did as a baby with that plate smashed on her face! For some reason the resemblance totally comes out in that picture!
Like I told you over the phone--call me so you can sleep!
I miss you! I don't know how you are surviving - I can't imagine doing that day after day! We would be happy to have E come and play once in a while - that is if you can make it here without falling asleep! It looks like you are making the most out of the time you are awake, and E is beautiful as always!
my girls LOVE hi-5! just another goofy music group that leaves songs stuck in my head all day.
hope you all are doing well!
and i left a message for jake a few days ago about that parenting book. hope he got it! if you end up reading it, i'd be curious to know what you thought of it.
Post a Comment