Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over...

My family came in for a visit :)
I'm sorry... I didn't take pictures everyday because at the really fun moments I was having fun and not hanging out behind the camera :)
Sunday we went to go see Little Debbie in Park City ( for approx. 5 min) on our way out we got down the freeway about 1/2 a mile and stopped. For 2 hours!
So, we did a little of this:
and a lot of this:
So I went to go see what Dave, Mike and Bec were doing in their car


A lot of the same...

Are we moving!?!


Nope. False alarm.


So Dave and Bec came to us for a visit, apparently Mike needed some "alone" time :)


Dave said "Hi!" to Elizabeth


She did this:

Then they left and all was fine



This guy thought that we were cool and tried to start a snowball fight with us:

Are we moving yet?



So, something like 3 hours late, we got to Kathy's


Everyone busted out the cameras

Mine is cooler then yours....

Kathy was so kind as to make King David the famous "Morey Ho Ho Cake"
in celebration of his recent Birthday


While Kyle just melted all our hearts!


Ian loved it so much he wanted to make sure he got every last bit!


We laughed... at each other.
Monday I got to hang with the kids while the "adults" went skiing and snowboarding. I fell in LOVE with Debbie's boys! Elizabeth was in awe and just followed them around everywhere! They all kept telling me what she was trying to communicate, it was SO cute!
At one point in the day Elizabeth had stopped playing and started approaching me and Kyle said "What's she doing?" and I said "Oh, she just wants a kiss." -"Ohhhh." and I kissed her and off she went to play and Luke stood there and watched and came up to me and I said "Oh, do you want a kiss too?" and he said "Yea!" so I gave him a little kiss and he smiled and off he went to play. Um...yeah, I was in love! Debbie's boys are SO sweet!
Later in the day they had a debate about whether Superman was real or not. So, they asked me and I said "Well, you know... some people think that your dad is Superman." they sat on that dead silent for quite a while then finally Evan said "No, we would know." -I said "Not necessarily, Superman has to keep his identity a secret. You should ask your Mom and Dad."
Debbie told me that later they did!
Then we had ROCK BAND night!



Morgan, McKay and Andrew were SO good!!!



What is this craziness?
We tuckered Kathy out.
Rock on Dave... Rock on...


Little Debbie is being a good parent:

Becky is being a good auntie:

Rock out DEB!

Mike is every one's hero!


The spectators:

Ian was in HEAVEN!





Rockin' out with Dad!


Mike doin' what he does best; being the best uncle.

I loved every second of this trip. I cried when they all had to leave. I'm SO glad that Elizabeth loved Bec and Mike as much as I do. Bec taught Elizabeth to say "Becky" I was like "?!?!?!" From the moment Elizabeth saw Mike she was comfortable with him, she handed him her sippy cup and walked away. He was safe enough to watch her most precious possession. Later they told me while watching her that she fell asleep on Mike's chest. After Mike and Bec had gone Elizabeth ran into her room, where they were staying and called out "BECKY!.... BECKY!" and looked all around for her. Later that day Debbie pulled up with her boys and Elizabeth Screamed with excitement! I'm so glad she loves my family as much as I do.
Thanks for the visit.

8 comments:

Heather Alvarez said...

How fun! She's so freaking cute, I just love my future daughter in law!

Life in Maryland said...

That was an excellent comentary, I can not top it! We had such a great time and I am so looking forward to seeing you in October! Give little QE2 a big kiss for me!

shannon p. said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your family(except for being stuck on the freeway)! Great pictures.

Debbie said...

this was the best utah trip! thanks for hanging out with me so much, i had a blast. i miss little QE2 so stinkin much:)

love ya!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I miss you guys.......Love Susan

Prestwich Family said...

Okay, I was gut laughing at the picture with Jake and the binoculars! Why am I not surprised?

Dawn said...

WOw gotta love the traffic sometimes! You guys can sure Rock!

Crystal said...

ok, first of all, the picture of jake and the binoculars made me smile. THAT IS MY HUSBAND!! he carries those around like it's as important as his wallet. silly boys. ;) good job on this post libby. very creative - loved all the pictures. family is a wonderful thing, huh! looks like lots of fun!