First, I took Elizabeth into the doctor again (3rd time) for the same illness she has had for several weeks. We found out after a very long week of collecting LOTS of stool samples that Elizabeth has Salmonella poisoning! Yes, I freaked out too. Pause: For those of you who are wondering, YES collecting stool samples is as disgusting and actually messier than you may think. I almost puked! Play: But all is well (of sorts?) The Doctor called us in to explain everything to us because as he says "You can't just call a parent over the phone and say 'Your child has Salmonella poisoning, but don't worry all is well'" Basically, there are too many ways that a child can contract Salmonella that he said "I'm not even going to speculate." But I pressed and he said "You never know, she could have gotten it from a grocery store cart...." ?!?!
(too long an explanation)
So... in fact he explained that in these cases they actually do NOTHING to treat them. You just have to "ride it out". He explained that if you do treat her symptoms that they have found that she can become actually more contagious long after (sever months even) the signs of the illness has gone. Treating the bacteria actually makes it go dormant in the system and could cause more problems. However, if she was to get severely ill (other then the regular vomiting and diarrhea, upset stomach and whatnot?) then they would have to treat her.
So, here we are waiting to talk to the doctor. I usually bring toys of some sort, but today I forgot so we entertained ourselves with our new camera that Mom and Dad Morey got for us for Christmas. No, we did not wait until Christmas to use it :). Check out all her teeth!!
This is my best bud. -So for the most part she doesn't really act sick, but she does get these days here and there where she'll vomit, have lots of diarrhea and may become irritable, but other then that she's totally normal and happy.
Christmas as really fun at our house! Christmas eve we got to spend with my sister Kathy and her clan. Kath made a GREAT meal of ham and potatoes and I made my yummmmmmmmmy green bean casserole (Paula Dean's recipe, so you know it's nice and "low fat")
Kathy was all sorts of festive!
and Tyler made us some yummer hot chocolate before we read "The night before Christmas" and the the story of the birth of Christ from the Bible.
Here is handsome Dad with his little girl. Check out those eyes!!!
Elizabeth made out like a bandit on Christmas morning! Here she is walking with her new toy. Oh, did we tell you she's "officially" walking now?? Before she would take like 1-4 steps here and there, but the Saturday before Christmas she just got up and walked across the room and she's been walking everywhere since! Oh baby, she'll be running by next week I bet!

We got to go over and spend Christmas morning with Jake's brother and fam, Shannon made her awesome German pancakes and the kids got to show off their bounty! So fun!!!
We had so much fun and excitement it just wiped her out!
We had so much fun and excitement it just wiped her out!
Ron and Carol were SO kind to get us a little video camera for Christmas. So, I have some cute video of Christmas to show once I figure all that stuff out. But for now, check out a few random shots I've been taking with our new camera.
Yum! I love bananas!
Watch out Mom, this is serious playtime!
Me and my Pop.
2 comments:
you guys have been busy! it looks and sounds like you guys had a wonderful christmas. love ya guys!
oh my gosh!!! that is so scary!!! and possibly from a grocery cart??? boy, you gotta watch out for EVERYTHING with these little kids. atleast they know what's causing her sickies lately. and she looks SO GROWN UP now!! it makes me sad that you guys don't live around her anymore. our girls would just have a blast together. of course, we'd probably never see our husbands again if you DID live here,...as they'd always be out hunting together. so...maybe it's not such a bad thing after all. lol!
Post a Comment