Friday, September 28, 2007

This Week in Review

Ok so the week started out not so great. I'm sorry I have not responded to requests to see my haircut. We have been VERY sick. Elizabeth much more then me. It started on Sunday, then Monday I took her into the doctor he said she had a throat infection and was on the verge of an ear infection. He prescribed her some antibiotics and said "If she's not better then bring her back Wednesday". Wednesday came and she was 3 times as bad! Her fever was way up and now she had a full blown ear infection to add to her throat infection...just everything was worse and she wasn't eating, drinking...etc. She was MISERABLE! I felt terrible for her. The Doc gave her a couple of antibiotic shots and said "Watch her closely!" he said if she was not doing any better by tomorrow or was even still the same then we were to bring her in immediately! He freaked me out a little, he even suggested I sleep with her in a chair?
Wednesday night came and I was on the phone with Jake who was in San Antonio and then was off to Dallas the following day. He was in a crowded place and I couldn't hear him all that well, he said "Oh, some of the guys want to go over to the River walk and get something to eat and hang out. I won't be able to talk to you until late or if not til tomorrow. Bye!" I was a little annoyed. I LOVE Texas and here he is going to the River walk and I've had no sleep and my poor baby is so sick and my Birthday is tomorrow.... All I wanted to do was talk to my Jake.
Midnight rolls around and I get a call. YEA! I so wanted to talk to him tonight and not have to wait til tomorrow. We chatted for a bit while I had TV on mute (The Nanny was on, I think that show is funny) I started to laugh and then Jake says "Ok, can you let me in it's cold out here." I was like "WHAT?" Then there was a knock at the door?!!! I was in shock! There was my MAN standing right in front of me!!!!!???!!!! I could not believe it! I could not stop hugging him!!!
It turns out that he thought that I knew he was home and I had heard him coming up the breezeway in the apartment complex (because I laughed). I had NO idea! The Nanny was just really funny that night, they were showing clips of other episodes.
Oh It's SO nice to have him home!!!
Thursday came (My Birthday!) and Elizabeth's fever broke and her rash was almost all gone. Jake got up and made us all pancakes with berries! Yummm! We wanted to go out and do something but with Elizabeth still sick so we opted to go for a drive up the canyon and look at the pretty leaves. Sorry, we didn't take any pictures. We didn't stop either.
Like I said, we were really sick.
But we did make a quick stop to Kathy's, she made me our Mother's family traditional Ho Ho cake for my birthday! (Ho Ho Cake: Have you ever heard of Swiss Cake Rolls? Well it's giant cake with ice cream in the middle instead of cream) Totally Yummmy!
You can also check out my haircut. It's not so styled, again...we were still not feeling so great.




It was a GREAT day! Thank you!
Ah... now that being sick is basically over with I can get back to my old stresses of the moment, finding a new place to live, closer to family, and back to packing up.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

hey girl,

i like the colors on your blog, perfect for fall.

sorry i could not call on your bday, we were flying home. we just got back today and are trying to adjust:) glad jake was able to surprise you, that is so sweet! i am jealous you got a famous ho-ho cake.

love ya,
deb

Life in Maryland said...

Love the haircut! Funny, it looks similar to mine!

Anonymous said...

Love the hair! Am I the only one with long hair now:)
-Love ya
Susan

Crystal said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! great choice! i am getting my hair cut and colored next sunday, and am still unsure of what i'm gonna do. your short hair is tempting me,...hmmmm. anyway, i was so sad for you when i hear about elizabeth. there is SERIOUSLY noting worse than sick kids. I HATE IT! brooklyn was in the ER last week, and that SUCKED too! glad you are all feeling better now. =)

Anonymous said...

Fall has just started and already we are sick too! That is so sweet for your hubby to suprise you on your birthday...... You hair is ROCKIN. You look cute in any hairstyle though!
-Dawn

Courageous said...

Thanks for coming over. I'm glad the end of the week turned out better than the beginning. I have to agree with everyone else-you're lookin' good!
love
Kathy

Heather Alvarez said...

Your hair is totally sexy! I LOVE it!

The Bradley's said...

I freaking love your hair! It's been a while since I've checked anything on the internet and I feel like I've missed so much! I love your new blog look, makes me want to do the same to mine! Can't wait to see you guys!