Jake found out at the last minute that he had to go to Oregon for a quick meeting with the ATF yesterday. His meeting lasted only an hour and his flight out was not until this morning. As luck would have it he was only an hour away from his birth mother's home! So, he called her up for a chance meeting with her and her family! HOW FUN! I am SO excited for his opportunity! But he's in deep trouble for not taking any pictures!! So, sorry I have none to show. :( Apparently everyone felt that they didn't look "good" enough? WHAT? I find that very hard to believe! Remember, I have seen your pictures! Your all beautiful!
When Jake got to the airport to pick up his rental car they gave him his choice of vehicle; a Ford Mustang, some kind of Chrysler and a Hummer H3 -What do you think he chose? The Hummer of course! So here he is tooling around this small town in Oregon in this decked out Hummer. How funny that must have been to go and see his birth mother for the second time ever, and it's been ten years since the first time, to drive up in a brand new Hummer! :)
Jake met up with Marla, and got to go out to dinner with her and her friend. Afterward they met up with 3 of her children, her grandson and her father at her home.
They all had such a lovely evening learning about each other and just getting to know everyone. I just can't wait until I can get out there to meet them all for myself!
3 comments:
Wow, Jake. That is great! I hope you get on and tell us all how it was and your feelings on the whole thing. Was it fun, awkward, etc?
That is so neat that Jake was able to meet up with his mom and that has a relationship with his birth mom now!!! How cool!
That must have been wild. No, not the hummer...the meeting. I wonder if I will ever be facing a similar situation. I can't even imagine.
PS- I am back. My blog will be growing...with some help.
Post a Comment