SO I have to say that my family makes my love cup run over. This past week I was very sick (just an incredible icky virus) Jake took a day off of work to tend to Elizabeth for me & tend to me too. They both were so wonderful. One night after vomiting (sorry to share :)) Jake handed me a cup of water while I sat on the bathroom floor & Elizabeth picked it up & said "Here you go Mommy... sorry Mommy." I started to cry because I just felt so miserable and she pushed my hair from my face gently and then she got the brush from the counter top and started to brush my hair saying "Its ok Mommy." -My Two year old. I just never want to forget this.
After lying down for a while I got up and she ran to me asking "Are you better Mommy? ...better?" and gave me a HUGE hug. For the next few days she tended to me after Jake returned to work and always asked if I was ok and "Still sick Mommy?" This is a picture of her just playing beside me on the sofa.
It was so funny she got her chairs from her room after I told Berkley to "Go sit on the chair!" (get off the couch) so E ran to her room & got one of her little chairs and plopped it in the living room saying "Here you go Berkley" if you remember these are little kid chairs and our dog Berkley is HUMONGOUS. it was too funny.
E is addicted (to put it mildly) to the Backyardigans kids TV show. I LOVE the silly things she learns from this show like the other day she started with "Oh for goodness sakes" :) You'll often hear her playing in her room singing the songs and from no where a cry of "WHOO HOO!". It always makes us giggle.
The other day I was reading E a book in her room & she just got up & took off. So I sat there for a minute & waited. After a minute or so I called out "Hello? Has anyone seen my daughter Elizabeth? She just left me." A moment later all I hear is a little giggle from the living room.
I love how I can talk to her and she listens and it always surprises me how much she really understands. I think it's funny when I tell her things like "Ok don't get hurt." and "Don't die ok?" -just to be funny as she's running off to play and she'll call back "OK!" I know it maybe sick but it makes me laugh. When she does get hurt I'll ask "Are you dying?" and she'll say "No.".

4 comments:
"Are you dying?" I LOVE IT!! I would totally ask the same thing. Aww...she is just so precious!!
She is such an adorable trip! I wish we lived closer! Love Bec
So sweet. I love it when they try to play grown up and take care of you. It just melts my heart.
oh my gosh, what a little sweetheart! i can just visualize her brushing you hair out of your face for you while you are sick. what a doll! hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment