On another note:
The other night I was researching some information on the Internet and came across my old boss, it got Jake wondering if he could find someone he's been looking for and lost touch with. We couldn't find any contact information that was current but we did find a phone number of a relation to the person.
The next day I made some calls while Jake was at work and with very little digging I got a phone number, last night Jake talked on the phone with his Birth Mother for the first time in 10 years! We were SO EXCITED!!!!! We learned SO much!
We are so proud and happy to report that Marla is doing so well. She is a part of Umpqua Community Development Corporation which helps in providing affordable housing for low income families. Marla is on the Resident Advisory Committee for this organization.

Marla has 4 beautiful children, Kyle who is now 23, Tera who is 21 and has added to the family with handsome grandson, Gabriel age 1, Shane is 18 and Katherine, who is now 15.
We also found out that Jake has some Irish in him! -I knew it!!
Unfortunately, we also learned that Jake's Birth Father, Clay has since passed away. We hope to have the opportunity in the future to visit his grave site and meet with his family in Texas.
We are planning a trip to Oregon this fall and we couldn't be more excited to have the opportunity to meet with Marla and her family!
4 comments:
WOW!!! How special for you guys. You know my story,...and I think that is really cool. That's too bad about Jakes dad though. But it sounds like that will be quite a reunion for you! ps...can't wait to get together when ya come out. I'm sure the boys already have hunting/fishing plans in the works.
How exciting for your family! I bet she can't wait to meet little E!
How neat that just a few phone calls and here is your birth mom. It will be really fun to meet her! Good luck.
that is so exciting, congrats!
does this mean you are not coming to cali in the fall? :(
Post a Comment