Sunday, May 20, 2007

I am 'The Mom'



So, lately E has been "poopy" when I am not in sight. This as a very bad thing! All I can think about is "How am I going to go to the Temple?", "I want to go on a date with my husband!" and "What if I want to take a nap and have Jake watch her?" or "What if I just need a break?" AGH!! I'm in trouble!



But today when I was taking a nap after church and Jake was trying to get E to take a nap herself, he tried everything, all my "tricks" and after much tears on her and his part (J/K), I ended up having to get up and tend to her... and in a matter of seconds she was fast asleep. My thoughts turned to "Oh no.." again. I asked Jake "What are we going to do?" and he said "It's ok, your 'The Mom'". Then I looked at her beautiful face and her snuggly ways and I just inhaled her and thought "It's not so bad being needed." What a great sacrafice it is to be a Mother. I smiled and thought "Yeah, I like being 'The Mom'".

Until next time maybe :)

2 comments:

The Bradley's said...

She'll eventually grow out of and then you'll be missing it! These are great pictures of E--inspired by my black and white one...perhaps. We hope to see you guys soon! We'll all make it work next time--we'll plan a little better!

Bev said...

Libby,
Elizabeth is such a cute little girl!! She sounds like she's got lots of personality. When Jade was little she wouldn't take a bottle. I tried to pump and for 3 exhausting days she wouldn't take that bottle. She decided just not to eat at all. I hoped she would give in, but on that 3rd. day she wiggled across the bed and started sucking on my elbow. I was the one that gave in. I'll bet you will be, too!