Elizabeth has been peeing through her diapers like crazy the past two days, I'm thinking that she's grown out of this stage. She's talking like crazy!!!!! (or so she thinks she is) She makes noises that could sound like words and when I respond to her she celebrates! It's insanely cute. I've already cut her hair, in the back- I don't want her growing a mullet.
It's 4 am. She peed through her diaper, all over herself and the sheets, so I changed everything and she talked and talked to me and giggled while I did it silently hoping that she would return to sleep when I was finished. No such luck tonight.
Ahhh, it's 4:41 am and it seems she is yet again asleep!!! Oh no... Now Berkley has to go potty, well it's seems I'm up for the day.
For those of you who don't know, I have a hard time getting back to sleep once awake.
I'm realizing that I'm not supermom like several of the women in my family. I haven't fully decided if that's ok with me yet, but I just cannot seem to keep everything clean and organized and bake from scratch, do super cool crafts and raise the baby in an astonishing way. But I love my job and I love my family. I LOVE being here with Elizabeth, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm going to try. And I'm going to try not to compare myself to others.
I think if I can only get my sleep patterns in check I could do better.
Hey, Jake is coming home early from PA today!!!!
I'm so glad I have a husband who thinks I'm amazing and doesn't care nor complain that the house is a mess when he comes home. It just makes me want to do better for him, besides when my house is a mess I get depressed and I don't want people over. It's just all this unpacking... I'm overwhelmed. It seems never ending.
We have not unpacked for the past 3 moves so I have been going through everything bit by bit and sending stuff to D.I., throwing stuff away and reorganizing the stuff we are keeping. It is all very well and good, but... the house now looks like a tornado hit it and I can't see my way out of it. Jake promises he'll help me this weekend.
2 comments:
there is no such thing as a super mom but thank you for the compliment, that was sweet! you are doing a great job and i cannot wait to come and see you guys:) and if you do not get everything unpacked i can help you when we come:) i am getting so excited!
Libby none of us gets everything perfect each day. The house is never 100%. The kids are never perfectly clean and obedient and my body is never supermodel perfect. But if it were, where would the spice of life be. You say you want adventures, well here you go-motherhood is a big one! I'm on the ride just like you. The key is not to give up and keep trying. You are doing great. I'll come help next week. Love you!
Post a Comment